Click. Scroll. Repeat.
…for hours and hours.
Check out all the options for one of the most important podcast editing tools:
- Wired: The most affordable and reliable
- Wireless: Get rid of the wires and extend your range
- Touchpad: Elegant. Multi-touch gestures. Different.
- Trackball: There are some that testify the trackball has changed the way they edit.
- Vertical: Improve the ergonomics and reduce fatigue in your hand
- Gaming: My favorite. Includes a 10-key on the side, which extends the number of hot-keys I can use while editing!
…and if that’s not enough, 3DConnexion makes the SpaceMouse which incorporates many of the best features of all these mice in one device.
Do you need a fancy mouse? I used cheap mouse/mice that came with my computers for years. You can probably get by with what you are used to…but make sure it still fits your podcast editing needs.
Here are some models I’ve used and are highly recommended by members of the Podcast Editor Academy and Club:
Redragon M901 Perdition
- 10 programmable keys
- Wireless and Bluetooth models
- 6 programmable keys
- Right or left-handed models
- Various shapes and sizes
ShuttlePro v2 by Contour
- 15 programmable buttons
- Button Labels
SpaceMouse by 3dConnexion
- Wired or wireless models
- LCD display (you gotta see this)
- 31 programmable keys